When Springer, the world’s leading science and technology publishing company, held a three-day conference in Houston, the organizers wanted to show guests a little slice of Texas. But they only had three hours on a Tuesday night. So they called Robb Walsh.
Robb arranged a 6pm to 9pm bus trip around town to sample briskets, ribs and sausages and look at the pits at some outstanding BBQ joints. Along with the tour, multi-course BBQ dinner, a few Texas microbrewery beers and a talk about Texas BBQ history, each attendee received an autographed copy of one of Robb’s Texas cookbooks as a souvenir.
Spice up your corporate meeting in Houston with an entertaining and educational food tour. BBQ, Tex-Mex, Mexican markets, and Chinatown are among the possiblities. Contact Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Recent Tours:
- 2012, 2011, 2010 World BBQ Tour, Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau
- 2010 Houston Mexican Market Tour, Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau
- 2010 Houston Barbecue Tour, Culinary Tours, Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau
- 2010 Houston Barbecue Tour for Visiting Media, Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau
- 2008 American Society of Travel Writers, lecture and half day Houston barbecue tour.
- 2007 Central Texas Barbecue Bus Tour, Texas Hill Country Food and Wine Festival
- 2005 Central Texas Barbecue Bus Tour, Southern Foodways Alliance Field Trip